Tuesday 7 July 2015

'Twas the Night before Comic Con


San Diego Comic Con.  SDCC.  This is it, the biggest event of the geek calendar starts tomorrow night!

If there's one comic convention I want to attend before I die, this is the one.  I swear one day I'll be there!  This year though I'll be doing what I normally do, staying up late and getting up early to check all the latest online.

Here's just a few of the things I'm hoping for/looking forward to this year;

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Revealing the Legacy Characters
Diminished slightly by the reports that there will be no new trailer at the panel, my enthusiasm for this panel is still sky high!  After all, with so little revealed so far (even after 2 teaser trailers) and a product launch now less than 2 months away they have to show something!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this panel will finally give us our first look at  Luke, Leia and C-3PO.  If it did just that I'm be more than satisfied.  Of course they could also show Andy Serkis' Supreme Leader Snoke and Lupita Nyong'o's Maz Kanata in their finished CG forms and maybe we'll finally learn who Domhnall Gleeson and Max von Sydow are actually playing!

Of course The Force Awakens isn't the only thing Lucasfilm could show.  Whilst the deal with Paramount means it won't be shown online yet, they could screen definitely the Rogue One trailer in Hall H and talk more about that film.  And maybe, just maybe, they could start to pull back the curtain a little bit on the second Anthology film as well.

WB Bringing the Justice League
We know WB are bringing
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad to their main panel on Saturday and to be honest that's more than enough to get me excited but there's been talk online that they might use their panel to bring the Justice League together for the first time!  That would make my DC dreams come true!  Whatever happens, WB's panel this year is going to be huge!  I don't care what time Sunday morning this will be for me in the UK, I'm totally staying up for this!

DC TV
DC has a long history of great TV series and last year really kicked things into high gear.  Can't wait to see what's coming next for Arrow, The Flash and Gotham and to see some teases at what's to come in Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

Once Upon a Time Panel
Being a huge Disney geek I just love this show and I'm so happy Netflix UK is now airing the new episodes only a few days behind the US.  Really looking forward to hearing all the season 5 teases in Saturday (and I'm still wishing for them to get Aladdin on this show!)

Marvel TV
Whilst I've tended to enjoy DC's TV offerings more I'm still interested to see where Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter are going next season.  But if there's one series that stood out above all the rest last season it was Marvel/Netflix's Daredevil.  I'm really hoping we learn more about the other Netflix series at SDCC and hopefully some new info on Daredevil season 2 as well!

The Comic Panels
I'm loving the DC You re-launch and DC have hinted at big things to come in October so I'm hoping we get some hints at what's to come over the course of SDCC.  Plus I'm hoping to jump into the Marvel Universe with some trades following their latest All-New All-Different post-Secret Wars re-launch so I'll be following their panels with great interest to see what catches my eye.  On top of the "Big 2" I'm also looking forward to IDW's panel for all the latest on their fantastic TMNT title.  Which leads me nicely to;

Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Ok, the movie may not have been all I wanted it to be (ok, it sucked!) but the Nick series is still a lot of fun!  Hoping there's more good stuff to come from their panel on Friday.

Fox's Panel
I'm not expecting it to compare with WB's offering but after Days of Future Past I'm really looking forward to the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse.  With the addition of Fantastic Four and Deadpool as well it should be a good panel.

The Toys!!
I've never been and my wallet still cringes at the thought of SDCC.  Not because of the exclusives but because of what gets revealed.  We already know Hasbro will be revealing their first The Force Awakens offerings this year and I'm hoping for some surprises from Hot Toys and Sideshow as well (and not just from TFA, a 1/6 scale Padme or Dooku would be a really treat to see).  Being an 80s kid Mattel's Masters of the Universe Classics nearly always has a few things to tempt me and I can't wait to see Mondo's display of their upcoming 1/6 comic TMNT.  Then there's DC Collectable too.  I'm trying desperately not to get sucked into their animated Batman line but it's proving very hard to resist!


And that's just off the top of my head! As always SDCC promises to be an amazing (and crazy) few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment