Friday 10 July 2015

Friday Highlights at SDCC

There weren't many panels that caught my eye on yesterday's schedule but today is a totally different story!  There's about 20 panels I can't wait to hear all about later today ranging from comics to TV to film.  Here's my top 5;

Rey, Finn and BB-8 in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Lucasfilm
There's no doubt this is number 1!  Even if there isn't a trailer there's still plenty they could reveal at this panel.  Personally I'm praying for a first look at Luke and Leia in The Force Awakens!  Plus you just know there's going to be some teases about the upcoming Anthology films Rogue One and Han Solo.  Whatever they do show is going to have to be big to beat the Han Solo announcement they made on Wednesday so I'm confident Lucasfilm must have something pretty special up their sleeve for this one!


Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
I love this show!  This panel should give a look at what's coming up in the rest of season 3 and some teases at what to expect in season 4.  With the Kraang already defeated and talk of Shredder maybe being defeated this season as well, I intrigued as to where they plan to take the show next season so this panel is definitely one to look forward to!

Superman by John Romita Jr.
DC Comics Superman Panel
The Superman comics are probably the best they've been since the New 52 re-launch right now.  We know from the solicitations that the current Truth arc ends in September so I'm looking forward to hearing what's coming next direct from the creative teams.  I'm actually hoping that the secret stays revealed, at least for a while, as it offers so much story potential.  Yang's first issue had a strong Daily Planet focus so I'm hoping that will continue when (if) the status quo is restored and I'd love Pak to really explore Kentville and the Superman living openly amongst the people.


Disney Animators
Something a bit different for SDCC.  I'm a huge Disney fan so I'm really hoping I can find some reports from this panel online.  Their current 3D films look great but I still feel there's just something magical about some of their classic 2D movies and this is a chance to hear from the people behind the magic.


DC Entertainment from Page to Screen
With Arkham Knight less than a month currently keeping gamers glued to their screens around the world, new seasons and new series coming to TV later this year and the DC Extended Universe set to take over cinemas next year there will definitely be plenty to talk about at this panel!  I'm not expecting to hear much about the movies (that'll come tomorrow) but there's plenty of TV shows to talk about and maybe I'm really hoping for a Superman/Justice League video game announcement after those screen shots appeared online recently!

Charlie Cox as Daredevil in Daredevil
Honourable Mentions - Marvel TV Presents
From the description this sounds like it will be focused on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter.  I enjoyed both but I'm really hoping for some Netflix news.  Daredevil was a breath of fresh air earlier this year, taking the MCU to a much darker place with a rich and powerful narrative.  I'm more of a DC comic reader so I don't know much about the other Defenders but I'm eager to find out based on the excellence of Daredevil.  With Elektra and Punisher both cast and filming underway I'm hoping for more news on Daredevil season 2 as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment